Hold the Front Page!
Before you publish your manuscript, are you satisfied that every word is spelt correctly and that there are no grammatical errors? If you are unsure about this it is recommended that you get an unbiaised third party to read through your text to point out any errors. We can offer this service if you need it.
Unlike general editing, copy editing usually doesn't involve changing the substance of the text. Copy editing is done before proof-reading, which is the final part in the editorial journey. Typically, copy editing ensures that your manuscript has correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, terminology, semantics, and making sure that the final work adheres to your style. Copy editors are expected to ensure that the text flows and that it is logical, fair, and accurate. As a rough guide we charge £6 per 1000 words.
Proof-reading makes sure your book is completely ready for publication. It is notoriously difficult to spot your own mistakes and proof-reading is a skilled and time consuming task but vital for a professional publication. For proof-reading we charge £4 per 1000 words for fiction titles. Publications which contain a high proportion of technical language may need specialist proof reading which would incur higher charges. If you would like a price for any of these services please email us your manuscript as either a Word Doc, pdf, Quark or inDesign file.
Frequently asked questions
Protect your work
We treat all our customers’ projects with the utmost confidentiality. However, for your own piece of mind, we advise you to take a little time to ensure that your work remains your property before and after it is published. Copyright laws vary in different countries but overall they have many similarities.
Copyrights are mainly assigned when a manuscript is published. But authors need to share their manuscripts with publishers and proofreaders before it is finally made public. Since the work is still in progress, it hasn't been published, therefore it doesn't have clear copyright protection. To protect your manuscript while it is work in progress do the following.
Put a copyright symbol on your manuscript and date it.
Print it out, sign it and seal it in a good quality envelope then post it to your bank or solicitor by recorded delivery for safekeeping. Ask them to time and date its arrival. They may charge for storing it for you.
Please contact us or see our FAQsif you need any more information.
Terms and Conditions
For our peace of mind and indeed yours, we work to a set of standards as indicated below. If you require a more detailed explanation of any of the points raised please email us and we will respond as soon as possible.
- You (the author) must own the copyright of your manuscript in order for us to produce and upload an eBook file.
- We (youreBookpartners.com) will make no claim to the copyright of any material you send to us and that you remain the owner of the material you send us.
- You must not have granted exclusive rights to any other party.
- The material you send to us must not be a public domain work unless you are the original author.
- Turnaround time from receiving your order to supplying your eBook in the required format is normally 7 to 10 working days. This is subject to change and you will be informed immediately. If you have an urgent project this must be indicated before placing the order.
- We accept no responsibility for the payment structure independently agreed between yourselves and any retailers.
- You can set up your own accounts with the retailers in order to maximise your royalties.
- If you prefer to sell through our seller accounts (with us acting as Publisher), we will pay you the full royalty payment received from the retailer after our commission of 20% of the sale price.
- We pay royalties via Paypal or bank transfer providing your royalties exceed any bank transfer fees.
- We reserve the right not to publish any submission which is defamatory or racially unacceptable.
- If we decide against publication of a submission you will be refunded any fees paid and any agreement with youreBookpartners.com will be cancelled with immediate effect.
- We will endeavour, unless spefically asked, to preserve the content as sent to us but some changes may occur due to file conversion.
- We will not accept responsibility if a retailer rejects publication of your eBook for any reasons.
- DRM (Digital Rights Management) will be implemented whenever offered by the retailer, unless you wish your eBook to be published without DRM.
- Can you buy glucovance over the counter
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, place an order, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
yourebookpartners.com collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
To improve our Site
We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
To improve customer service
Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
To process transactions
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
To send periodic emails
The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Everton, Lymington, Hampshire SO41 0JY